Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pura Vida - Life Is Good

Pura Vida is the saying everybody says here in Costa Rica which means "Life is Good".
I'm in San Jose now - the capital of Costa Rica, just got here like 2 hours ago.

The last 4 days I was in Bocas Del Toro a great island in Panama, but it was sucks since I lost my camera on the first day over there plus it was raining everyday, all day. :-(

I had like 3 or 4 beers for breakfast, so I kind of lost my mind and put my camera on the bench in the fire department (yes, it's also a bar) of Bocas Del Toro, I left the place and like 5 minutes after I remembered it was there but... the bastards already took it.
I asked them and they all deny it had been left over there.

Anyhow, the fireman that drank with me beer said it's there but he can't give it to me since he has pressure on him from above (probably his boss) and told me go to the police. So I did it, and it took me like 3 hours to give a statement and all the bullshit around.

BTW: the fireman got arrested also to give a statement and he was locked up for a day since he was stoned from marijuana.

So, I was going the fire department and the police like everyday to ask about my lovely tiny camera but with no luck.
It looks like the police took my case as primary issue since they brought the Panamanian FBI to the island and they had a few lead of investigation.

Even Ronald's (fireman) mom got involved and she invited me to her house and said she will investigate her son and see how she can help me to solve the problem. I do want to believe it will come up someday and I will get an email, "We found your camera", but I guess I should be realistic and buy myself a digital camera with all the new gadgets inside since it will never come up.

beside that pity incident, the rest was quite fine (except for the lousy weather), there were tons of Israelis and we celebrate Hanuka, and had few parties. after Bocas Del Toro, me and David drove to the border of Costa Rica and met the bureaucracy way of Panama, it took us a day to fix the car paperwork, but eventually we managed to cross the border.

Till now, the people of Costa Rica looks really nice and the girls here are much more hot than in Panama. Me and David swam today on nice beach in Costa Rica, but since there was no sun and the wind was so rough, the waves was really really high and David almost got drown.

more stories will come soon, till then Buenus Nuches from San Jose, Costa Rica.

EK

4 comments:

eladpeer said...

Pfurtz kind. Starting to learn Spanish huh? Nice. Next time look after your camera. By the way, if you would have had a big camera, you would not have been able to loose it because no one would have been able to steal it and put it in their pocket. :-)

Unknown said...

WAZZZAAAAP!!!! Buenos dias from Israel!!!! About time you updated your blog!! Sorry about your camera, but you're right - it's an opportunity to buy a better camera with updated functions. These are the type of adventures that we've been waiting to read about - go to the Israeli embassy as well.... maybe we will see the investigation on the news with Arad Nir :-)
Cool post!

Unknown said...

BuEna Vida you banana !!!!

rambo79 said...

10x Julie, I fixed that.
It's Pura Vida and not Buna Vida as I wrote before.