Monday, January 21, 2008

Welcome to Nicaragua

OK, so as you all probably know I left Santa Cruz (the Rodeo town in Costa Rica) and saying good bye to the two chicks Isabel and Xaviera that told me about this great town and also from Yaron the israeli guy I was traveled with for the last month.
BTW: I got a free massage from Isabel which is her profession and learned some new dancing moves in salsa from Xaviera.

Anyway, I was heading to the border in the public bus which was a nightmare ride, because there were no tickets for the tourist bus.
when I was getting the border, I had to walk like a 1km by foot with the all the bugs and to wait in a huge line. Surprisingly they even had some duty free shops but the price of my camera I wanted was damm high.

After 12 hours on the way (plus waiting for buses) I got to Granade in Nicaragua which happened to be a real nice Colonial City with lots of character.

I met here Andy (a guy from Canada) and we were going to Masaya which is another city not far a way, we were in the market and also getting to a cock routsh fighting (which means chickens fights), it was so fucking cool to watch two roosters chickens fighting until death.
They were pecking each other and heading to each others neck, plus they had a small knife so they could kill more efficiently.
The gamblers in the fight keeps yelling in Spanish: Vamos (come on), kill him, finish him, and they starting to yell each other after the fight end. Every 5 minutes there is a short break so the chicken can rest a bit and getting clean her from the blood (actually they sucking and spiting out the blood from the injury chicken neck) and making her ready for the next round.
When we asked what they do with the dead chicken they said eating it !!! fucking gross !

After the fights we went back to our hotel on the roof of a bus, because there was no space inside. All the way we had to save our heads from the trees but it was so fucking fun.

Till now Nicaragua seems like really interesting place, it´s also the second (after Haiti) poorest country in all the west side of the globe.

3 comments:

Mister Bulmann said...

Man that's awesome !
did you put money on the roosters ?
you got to whows us pictures of this stuff !

eladpeer said...

Coolness. Those are the places you will want to open your eyes and look over your stuff. I even spoke to Maya, remember from Tambour that used to come once in a while? She told me that she got mugged 4 times in the same trip while traveling in South America. Although it was South America and not Central America, you should still learn.

In these places traveling like that is normal and can get really frustrating. Reminds me of Bolivia. Bekizur sounds really awesome what you are doing. Enjoy adios and take pictures.

BTW, what camera do you want to buy? One of your slim ones? Buy a big one like mine.

Adios

Unknown said...

I Think what you like most there is the Blood there not , the gambling!