Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Purim

Hola, so... I spend more than a week in San Pedro a tiny village full of Israelis. I ate in a resort called ZooLa (the palace where Yehoda & Ninet crashed in when they were in Guatemala) almost every kind of israeli food you can think off, like Falafel, Humus, Sabij, Jerusalem Mix and Shaksuka.

Lake Atitlan with the locals of San Pedro doing the laundry.


San Pedro is a very chip town you can retire and go out pension, most of the day you are spending by watching movies, football games, drinking beer and parties at night in the Buddha Bar.

And when you get bored from that you just rent a kayak, going hiking and riding a horse.

And if that took too much pressure on your mussels you can just go and do the Hot Stone Massage which was the most relaxing experience I have ever had, by a cute girl named Andrea from Canada. (Elran you should go there only for massage).

After San Pedro I went to a nice local town, Panajachel which is also located on lake Atitlan, it was full of local tourists and it was totally full because of the Semana Santa which is the most holly week in the year, even more than Christmas. It was a big operation to find hotel for a decent price, but wow... the parties over there was awesome.

Right Now, I am in Lanquin, a tiny village located on a river, I'm staying in a El Retiro a great resort totally green and with ecological bathroom, which mean you have to dump into a hole and after to throw some lime powder on it against the smell. I guess they use it not to pollute the river.



This morning I also explored Lanquin Caves, which is a 500 meters long with full of bats.

till next time,
Nos vamos,
Eran

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wazzzzaaaaaap!!!!!

Kruz....ma kore? (stupid question, I know) Anywayz, I see you're getting pretty good at posting updates, nice. From what I understand, San Pedro is for lazy bums from Israel.... I LOVE IT!!!! If the food is Kosher, I'm on my way. Now, I'm late for school, ma la'asot, real world stuff, so, cool pics, nice update, good post. Enjoy....

Mister Bulmann said...

ok, now i'm jealous !

Mister Bulmann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eladpeer said...

Antoine is right. I am also jealous. And Ophir, stop with your fucking kosher shit! Who fucking cares?

Krauzi what happened? Did you fall on your head? Cool places you are going to. I also want to be there.
Seems like Guatamala is a really nice place.

Enjoy.